Judgment Collection Specialists For NY & NJ
The most common way to collect a judgment against an individual is through wage garnishment or bank levy. Here are things you can do to help us obtain the information we need to do the wage garnishment or bank levy.
- Have your customer complete an application and ask where they are employed. Ask questions like how long have you been there and is that full or part time.
- If you know if the debtor has any professional licenses such as nursing or electrician please note that. In addition it is helpful to know if the debtor belongs to a union.
- If the debtor is self employed please note the name of their business and what services they provide.
- If the debtor is receiving disability or public assistance please note that and be aware that this will make judgment enforcement difficult due to exemptions.
- If the individual writes you a check make a copy for your records.
- If they are making payments note if they have changed banks.
- If they are paying by money order or cashiers check note what bank they are purchasing these items, chances are they may be banking there as well. Make a copy of the money order or cashiers check.